Time & Location
Mar 29, 2021, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
About The Event
Mental Health for Microbiology
1. Define and implement RAIN practices to manage stress.
2. Discuss the advantages of using ABC/CBT to alleviate the effects of stress.
3. Develop proactive strategies to maintain resilience from stressful situations.
4. Identify how sleep, activity, and food/drink affect stress.
5. Implement prosocial group support to reduce stress.
Amanda Purnell, PhD
VA St. Louis Healthcare System
St. Louis, MO
Amanda works within the Care and Transformational Initiatives portfolio of the VHA Innovation Ecosystem. She loves to empower others, ignite curiosity, and wonder about what’s possible. Prior to her current role, she held leadership roles in implementing programs for prevention, integrative and complimentary care, and health behavior change at the VA. She has extensive experience and training in facilitation and advancing learning in adults. She has a PhD in Counseling Psychology from The Ohio State University.
SWACM is approved as a Provider of Continuing Education Programs in Clinical Laboratory Sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program. Completion of this program will provide 1.0 contact hour of continuing education. SWACM programs are approved for California-licensed clinical laboratory scientists and personnel. The instructional level of this program is intermediate.
Includes 2021 SWACM Membership